• Load up on accent pillows. Cheery pillows in vibrant hues can take the attention off a drab sofa.
• Pick a bold area rug. An area rug with an eye-catching pattern is the perfect pairing for a neutral sofa.
• Create a gallery wall. Big sofas call for big artwork and, in most cases, sectionals are great places to experiment with salon style art hangings or grid style gallery walls. The large grouping will take the attention off the mammoth sofa and onto the art itself. A dinky print above a huge sectional, on the other hand, will make both the art and the sofa seem out of proportion within the room.
• Repeat Accent Colors. Adding a variety of accents— pillows, throws, rugs, art, ottomans, sidetables— in a similar hue will keep the sofa color from dominating the room.
For more sectional sofa wisdom, including some pretty sweet sectional sources check out these posts:
• High and Low: 15 Modern Sectional Sofas
• Top 10 Stylish Sectionals & Sofas From Austin and Beyond