Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I really enjoy the character this place has. It was built in 1913 (101 years old), so it has all sort of unique odds and ends. I also enjoy that it's its own small house, with no shared walls, and the yard is perfect for my 2 dogs.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Less is more, so start with everything you like and then slowly remove stuff until it feels right. You'll be surprised by how little you need to make a room feel full.
2. Don't be afraid to re-arrange. When you first move in, most stuff gets placed were it's convenient. After you've settled in, re-assess your floor plan to maximize space and flow.
3. Find a color you love and stick to that. I chose red and slowly added analogous colors: oranges and yellows, with very sparse complementary colors like teal or blue.
See all entries