The space I most enjoy in my own home is the living room. So for this living room inspiration, I want the space to be comfortable, bright, and fun. I take my home decor with a spoonful of tech, so you know there's going to be a couple of goodies in that arena. For me, the yellow says smile, the grey adds warmth and the beautiful dyed rug just puts the whole vibe on mellow — so I guess that's why they call it the blues.
1. I love Rachel Denny's series of "Domestic Trophies." These cashmere cable-knit deer heads are warm, colorful, and striking all at the same time.
2. The most impressive tech I saw at CES this year was hands-down the OLED HDTV's from LG. I'd mount a 55" on the wall to keep things looking neat and tidy.
3. In a nod to the good old days of cinema I'd also add a marquee letter or two. You can get one like this on Etsy, for a fine piece of retro-modern decor.
4. I love IKEA hacks, and this is one of the classiest I've seen. With a great midcentury wood-on-white palette the Fauxdenza from The Brick House gets a spot in my dream living room.
5. When it comes to bright 'pop' furniture, nobody does it better than Jonathan Adler. I put this yellow Okura planter in the space to add some life and make this modern space happy.
6. I have a white couch now, and in all honesty it was a bit of a mistake. Keeping that baby looking clean and nice is a constant chore, and one I'd like to retire by replacing it with one of CB2's Dual Pebble Sectional sofas. It has a classic design, and best of all its grey so I won't have to sweat the cookie crumbs so much.
7. This new wireless subwoofer from Sonos opens up a lot of home theater opportunities. I'd set it on its side and under that new couch to provide some real rumble to my favorite hollywood blockbusters.
8. A coffee table I can roast smore's on? Sign me up. This Planika Fires table truly is the stuff dreams are made of.
9. I can't think of a better backdrop than a one-of-a-kind, hand-woven overdyed rug from Nuloom. It's a true work of art that should stand the test of time.
(Images: As linked above)