Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- After a little bit of sleuthing, I'm pretty sure my bedroom is an earthquake shack: dragged from the refugee camps to its current site and attached to another shack after the 1906 earthquake and fire! I love that despite the size (140 square feet: not coincidentally the same dimensions as Earthquake Shack Type A) I've managed to fit a king bed and a myriad of other uses.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Be ruthless when editing your possessions; everything needs a place or it goes. Also, in a tiny space, every inch counts: always keep your tape measurer handy.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Along with the king bed, my tiny bedroom is an office, a wardrobe, and an entryway (I prefer to ignore my cottage's street entrance and use the back patio entrance via the bedroom instead). But I've kept the palette white and neutral so that -- despite the multi-tasking -- it's still relaxing and a pleasure to be in.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat