- Tacoma, WA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- Gardens. For the past two months I've been taking pictures of pretty gardens in my neighborhood and posting them on my tumblr blog. I live only a few blocks away from a conservatory that overlooks a gorgeous park. I almost always stop by on my walks around town. The condensation covering the glass panes on frosty days is so inviting, and I want my tiny apartment to feel similarly cozy. I’m lucky enough to have nearly an entire wall of windows which provides enough light for all of my green friends.
- Colors used in my room
- I’ve added every shade of green imaginable along with lemongrass yellow and a few different wood tones to the white and cream background of my space.
- Tips for using color successfully
- I love changing accent colors as the seasons transition. For example, I have light airy linen curtains in the late spring and summer, warmer hued cotton curtains in the fall, and dark, lush velvet curtains in the winter and early spring. I think it’s best to identify how you would like to feel in your home, find a place that makes you feel that way, and let yourself be inspired or recreate it.
- Kitsch Conservatory
Room for Color