Christmas is often a time when we look back at an era or style and give ourselves the freedom to break from our usual decorating habits in order to emulate a style we like from the past.
Even if you have no interest in decorating from the 1950's, you may find humor and comfort in some of these old-school styles. Looking for true originals? Try searching for vintage decorations on Ebay or Craigslist.
Top row, from left to right:
1. Light Up Plastic Snowman: $58.00 at Sundance
2. Bubble Light Strand: $18.00 at Sundance
3. Caroler Candles (Package of 3): $16.95 at The Vermont Country Store
4. Original Christmas Snow: $9.95 at The Vermont Country Store
5. Silver Tinsel Tree: $89.95 - $139.95 at The Vermont Country Store
Bottom row, from left to right:
6. Pre-Lit Silver Tinsel Wreath: $59.95 at The Vermont Country Store
7. Snowman-in-a-Box: $14.00 at Fred Flare
8. 1950's Style Metal Ware Cocktail Set: $49.99 at The Merchant General Store
9. Retro Bell Ornaments: $48.00 at Garnet Hill
10. Laurie Plate/Footed Bowl: $8.95 each at Crate & Barrel