As I get older, the idea of receiving gifts on Christmas has become more about quality not quantity. At the end of every year, it's natural we take a retrospective of the past year's events and look at the things we wish we could have accomplished and revel in what we did. My year has been pretty incredible and really I don't "need" anything. Well, except I do need a new wide angle lens after all the house tours I've shot.
I started to compile a list of things I really need and it all came down to basics like gift certificates to my favorite grocery store and retail shops. I think that adding some new upgrades to my apartment would be next on my list. Since I'm not ready to move out of my little studio just yet, here are a few things I'd like to bring home with me to change it up.
1. This L Series Lens was really the only thing I could think of that that I need/want.
2. I'd love to replace my old couch with this awesome retro inspired sleeper couch from Urban Outfitters. It's the color especially that I love, and think it could go well with a variety of changing styles in any room.
3. I really fell in love with this Edison Lamp from Lawson-Fenning. It's so simple and modern, and with the right bulb it projects the softest light.
4. If I had the room for a formal dining table or a larger desk, the first thing I'd purchase is this incredible Casablanca Table from Croft House.
5. Living on the 4th floor, you can never escape the sun. Ever. My next project is to finally install dark curtains. I'd love to double layer these sheer patterned panels from West Elm over some darker ones.
Images: As linked above