Recently my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I really couldn't name anything specific. However now I'm looking around my apartment and brainstorming design ideas to make it more interesting or thoughtfully decorated. There were 10 things that made my list — that I'm sure not only would really enhance any home, but surely would contribute to a great makeover in my studio. 1. Every couple of years I like to get new bedding. New duvet covers and pillow shams always change the bedroom immediately and this Winter I love this set by West Elm | Pressed Leaf.
2. I have a ton of books, vintage cameras, cd's, dvd's, picture frames etc — really it'd be great to have a bigger or an additional book shelf. I loved this one from Crate & Barrel because its doors will keep my cat from crawling all over things.
3. Living in a studio I have limited closet space. I do have one awesome storage closet that I could really utilize if I had an additional hanging rack for my clothes. Even a separate place to hang coats and jackets, would really open up my main closet. I found this one from BuyStoreFixtures.com
4. I've had the same boring coffee table for over 10 years now. I really love the Eva Zeisel version from Design Within Reach.
5. This Crosley AV portable record player is a modern twist of an old classic. It would be super cool way to play vinyl. It also has a USB port to hook it to a computer or iPod dock!
6. My kitchen is a boring white, but has cute Tiffany blue and black tiling. I always thought this Kitchen Aid Mixer would be useful and attractive in there.
7. I love centerpieces and stacking things on my coffee and dining table. I think this vintage glass round tray from Empiric is amazing.
8. I tend to lean toward contemporary furniture however, when accenting different areas of my apartment, I often lean toward vintage collectables and accessories. I love this vintage inspired trunk at Restoration Hardware.
9. I spend a majority of day at my desk, which currently is an old vanity dresser. I'd love to upgrade and find a work table like this one from Crate & Barrel.
10. I'm obsessed with birds and bird motifs. I always wanted a vintage gold birdcage like this to hang in the corner above my bed.
QUESTION: What's on your interior design Wishlist this Holiday?