Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- West Hollywood, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I recently relocated from Miami to LA and made it my mission to find the perfect place to make a home. I had a list of non-negotiables that my home needed to have, so when I found this place, I knew it was the one. I fell in love with all of its unique characteristics: the floor plan, the great natural light from windows in every room, the built in vanities, and the vintage kitchen sink and cabinets. I think living in a small space requires a lifestyle change for most people, but I love the simplicity of living in a small home. I think it's important to find things that are special to you and have them on display to enjoy. I love the hunt, and have searched high and low for things that work for me and my space.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Storage. I have been known to have hoarding tendencies. Luckily, this apartment has a lot of storage space to begin with, thanks to the original built ins. I have maximized the capacity of every space available. For instance, the exposed heater, which is so often an eyesore. Instead of concealing this unique feature, I added a piece of carrara marble on top, and I was able to gain another surface for stacking books and décor pieces that I love. I 'went up' with shelves, so I could utilize the wall space and display items like my dishes -- they look great while also serving a purpose. I also opted for multi-use pieces, like a buffet for a TV console to house all my unsightly clutter.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I’d love to start a new project because, you know, your home is never really done. The first thing on my list is to add a black and white checkered floor in the kitchen and bathroom. Also, a new project that I've wanted to do for a while now is reupholster a vintage sofa. Since I’ve moved to into this space, I started collecting Fiestaware and would love to add some really amazing rare pieces and colors to the mix.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013