Los Angeles-based Cisco Brothers, a favorite high-end handmade furniture resource for designers, is filing for bankruptcy. Furniture Today reports, "In statements to the court, officials said the company's revenues declined during the recession from $18 million in 2006 to $7.5 million in 2009, but rebounded to $9.7 million last year." Despite the bounceback, the company's finances were hindered by real estate loans taken prior to the economic downturn. Links and more news below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Cisco Bros. files Chapter 11, plans to restructure | Furniture Today
• ASID and IIDA fight bill impacting registered interior designers | Editor At Large
• T Magazine: Summer Living Issue 2011 is Now Online | The New York Times
• Exhibition Review: Alexander McQueen in All His Dark Glory | The New York Times
• The May Lookbook is Here | Poppytalk