Name: Clara (2 years)
Location: Ontario, Canada
When we moved into a new home last year, it was the perfect opportunity to trade in our daughter's nursery for a "big girl room". I wanted a cheerful and colourful space for our spunky girl, but I also love bright, airy rooms, so decided to go with a clean white backdrop and add happy punches of pink, turquoise and yellow.
An antique wrought iron bed was the biggest thing on my wish list for the room, and I spent ages checking Kijiji (similar to craigslist) and thrift stores, until finally finding this one for a steal. It was quite rusty and chipped, so we decided to spray paint it hot pink. I love how it pops against the white walls and bedding.
The rest of the pieces in the room were collected in the months leading up to our move and things like the cushions and some of the artwork were DIY projects. The floral "C" above the bed was originally a circular mirror with broken glass that I spotted on clearance at a local store, but the color and pattern were so perfect that I couldn't pass it up. We removed the glass and used a jigsaw to create the letter C and then touched up the paint.
This room just makes me happy every time I walk by, and I love how much it reflects the fun personality of our little girl.
- Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Bed: Purchased second-hand and spray painted Krylon Mambo Pink
- Dresser: Ikea Hemnes, knobs from HomeSense Canada
- Toy chest/bench: Ikea Stuva, cushion - DIY
- Flamingo cushion: Society6.com
- Flamingo print: elisejoy.com
- Hello Sunshine print: Rifle Paper Co.
- Canvas art: HomeSense Canada
- Bedding: Target
- Lamp: Target
- Chandelier: Thrifted
- Polka dot wall decals: Etsy seller TweetHeart Wall Art
- Pink shag rug: HomeSense Canada
Thanks, Melody! Readers, visit Melody at Small World Designs.