When we think of china cabinets, we often think of grandmothers' homes; of pieces so traditional they might be hard to combine with modern styles (and lifestyles). Some of the more classic cabinets and hutches could be a great counterpoint to otherwise modern art, rugs, accessories (sort of the opposite of adding a modern moment to a traditional room). Here are a few ideas:
• Look!: Needle Book's Craft Studio: Although this china cabinet (scored on Craigslist and repainted) is used for fabric storage in the dining room, it would look great with your modern dishware peeking through the panes as well.
• Traditional antique china cabinet via Rearranged Design (house tour of Audrey Romano in Pennsylvania)
• Vintage (distressed) white china cabinet with chicken wire replacing the glass doors for an even more raw quality, via Casa Sugar
• Vintage cabinet with Queen Anne legs from Forever Pink
• Early 1900s Oak Square China Cabinet from Ruby Lane; classic clean lines, glass on three sides, original handle