The master bath vanity in our new place has a white marble countertop and I really love it. I don't know if I would've chosen it before had I been doing a renovation (having long heard concerns about scratching and staining, the cost, etc.) but now, having "inherited" it, I've become a believer in the beauty of this material.
It's a popular choice for the bath and kitchen of course, but it works in just about every room in the house - we dug up examples from across Apartment Therapy and some of our favorite magazines to illustrate its many applications, in rooms that go from classic to contemporary in their style.
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Bath by Sheton, Mindel & Associates in Elle Decor
2. Vintage fireplace from Anna's Old and New Newburgh Victorian House Tour
3. Wall tiles from Hospes Maricel in Mallorca
4. A wrapped island by Nilus De Mataran from a kitchen renovation featured in Dwell
5. A kitchen counter and backsplash inspired by a cafe from Dwell
Bottom row, left to right:
6. A marble shower bench by Frank Roop in Elle Decor
7. Classic marble floors look so good with modern dark wood furniture in a feature from Metropolitan Home
8. Vintage styled bath features a grid of large tile on the walls in the Badgley Mischka feature in Elle Decor
9. Marble tests at the Petch House
10. A drop in sink on a sleek kitchen island from Architectural Digest