I missed the Austin Outdoor Living Tour last month, but we're lucky to live in an age where we can indulge in inspiration digitally. I'm having the best time looking over the modern and varied properties that were on the tour and grabbing ideas for my own outdoor space. The fact that all these modern outdoor spaces also come with a healthy dose of Texas "cool" style doesn't hurt, either. Each one of these spaces is so different, with their own details and elements, but they also have in common a simple, fresh aesthetic (captured beautifully by local photographer Eric Von Lehmden
). Of course, many of these outdoor areas start with some pretty stellar architecture that we might not all have access to, but they're still filled with fun ideas that could be considered when looking to add to your outdoor space. Some ideas we spotted in these photos:
1) Let the architecture shine If you've got a great outdoor space full of personality already, keep it simple with a chair or two and minimal accessories.
2) Vignettes work outdoors Don't neglect your horizontal spots; use accessories to create fun vignettes with style.
3) Water makes a great atmosphere If you don't have the money or space for a pool, a small fountain can bring the element of water to your outdoor space.
4) Bold modern and natural together Mixing these two contrasting styles can create such a strong dynamic.
5) Don't forget about the curb We love when a home sets the stylish tone for the rest of the outdoor and indoor spaces from the get go with stylish curb appeal.
Images: Eric Von Lehmden, used with permission