Appearances, appearances, appearances.
If you are thinking of selling your apartment and want to know if you can get more money for it if you put in a little elbow grease and fix it up, this article, How to Get the Most When It's Time to Sell
, is for you. This wonderfully written tale of a husband and wife fixing up their home under the tutelage of an interior designer is a must read. The bottom line?
[We sold] our house for $489,000, which was $10,000 less than our asking price, but more than Joanne [the broker] had thought we would get. She estimated that the staging had added more than $50,000 to the value of our house. Our final bill from John and Alan [the designers] (reachable at 215-339-0444) was $948.22.
REAL ESTATE LINKS
- Open house hunting in the 400k range (Korijane via Curbed)
- Home prices hard to track, Greenspan says (Bloomberg via NYTimes)
- W Hotel to build on Jersey side (NYPost)
- New loan products give buyers plenty of options (NYPost)
- Julia Robert's West Village co-op back on the market...for $4.9m (Observer)