It's only December and the chilly temps are already keeping our family home more. In the past year or two I've noticed more and more kids spaces that include climbing walls. Will I ever have a climbing wall in my home for my kids? Doubtful. But I salute those who do. They make a great indoor activity for cold, winter days and they are more practical than they might seem at first glance. Since they're on your wall they don't take up valuable floor space and, bonus, climbing holds aren't expensive.
Here are ten great examples to check out:
1. A climbing wall on the side of a custom built loft bed on Finch Found
2. Climbing holds to climb up to a lofted playspace above a girl's bed by Marie of Unique Annick, seen on Fresh Dads.
3. Climbing wall in a child's bedroom of a huge Chelsea loft on NY Daily News.
4. Indoor climbing wall and rope by Erica Islas featured on Dwell
5. A climbing wall in a large, playful home in Norway by architect Todd Saunders on Arch Daily
6. Small climbing wall next to built-in bunk beds in an "adventurous" kids room by Kalle Thesbjerg
7. Climbing wall feature in super creative kids' playroom on Fun at Home with Kids
8. Climbing wall into a secret playspace by Jonathan Feldman of Feldman Architecture featured on Dwell.
9. Climbing wall in Park Avenue sports-themed kids room by design company Perianth
10. Colorful climbing wall next to lofted bed on Femina.
(Image credits: Finch Found; Unique Annick via Fresh Dads; Rich Caplan; Dwell; Arch Daily; Kalle Thesbjerg; Asia Citro; Joe Fletcher for Dwell; Hilary Unger for Perianth; Femina)