Last year I confessed my need (and greed) for all types of scissors, and I'm afraid to say that greed applies to garden clippers, too...even though I don't have a garden. They're just so sturdy and strong and snippy, and I need them all!
1. Just look at these! Made in Japan of white oak and steel, these Okatsune Shears from Toast make me want to prune all day. And according to Toast, "They have a beautiful feel and a seductive shhnippy sound to them." Oooh...
2. & 3. The orangey-red Almighty Shears and hand-forged steel Tobisho Shears are both available from Paxton Gate in San Francisco. I play with them every time I stop by, and both pairs are satisfyingly snippy. Someday.
4. & 5. Labour and Wait carries two pairs of Italian secateurs, in orange PVC-dipped or classic polished steel.
6. & 7. Mjölk of Canada has a wonderful collection of hand-forged, hand-sharpened Japanese tools, including these Tajika garden clippers/scissors and Tajika Branch & Root Shears. Both are cast iron and timeless.
8. & 9. Terrain has lots of clippers, including these Produce Pruners- "designed to harvest fruit without damaging it or its neighbors on nearby branches"- and these sexily simple Steel Snips, perfect for clipping fresh herbs.
(All images as credited above.)