My good friend recently came to me with an interior design dilemma. Her room occupies the attic of a house built in 1912 and the space is missing one modern-day factor: a closet. She was running out of options as to where to hide her clothing and needed help. After several agonizing minutes of staring from one tiny wall to the next, we came up with a plan. What if she didn’t try to hide her adorable ensemble at all? What if she used it as a display element to enhance the decor? With that thought we were off and running! We brainstormed unique ideas to showcase her shoes and emphasize her favorite dresses. She picked out her best clothing pieces, and the rest went into a small wardrobe outside her room. This article is dedicated to my wonderful friend and her fashion forward ascetic. I hope it inspires you as well! If your running low on space for your attire here are a few ideas to get you started.
• Oh Joy turns regular apparel into an inspiring display.
• The-burning-house.com shares images of individuals most prized possessions. This picture also represents a wonderful way to fill your walls with the attire that describes you the most.
• Free People takes normal clothing to a whole new level with their plant filled jacket.
• If you are anything like the average woman I bet you have too many shoes to handle. Try using a ladder as a shoe rack for your stilettos. This one is from Pottery Barn.
• I am always checking out the best boutiques in town for ideas on how to display my jewelry. Brass Razoo boutique has a darling idea for your lovely necklaces.
• I love the use of hats as wall art.
• Ferm-living.com used a beautiful branch to display jackets.
• Hanging jeans is functional as well as astatically pleasing.
Images: as linked above