While a single pendant lamp stands well on its own, consider creating a cluster for a dynamic, dramatic effect. The lamps take on a sculptural quality when grouped together, cast beautiful patterns of light, and have a festive feel like lanterns strung in the trees at an outdoor soirée.
1. Globe lights strung from the rafters have a pretty, relaxed vibe. Image from Lonny.
2. Glossy white lamps, grouped together, have the appearance of sculptural vessels floating above the kitchen table. Image from Design Sponge.
3. Glass pendants hung at staggered heights cast pretty patterns of light about the room. Image by Will Shilling for Capital Style.
4. A tree branch forms an unusual base for this row of lights.
Image by Ida Lindhag, via Emma's Design Blog.
5. Exposed bulbs of various sizes strung around a pipe lend an industrial feel to this bathroom. Image from Skona Hem via Door Sixteen.
(Images: as linked above)