Row 1, Left to Right:
- Bold and modern, each of these geometric ceramic coasters by Matt W. Moore have a unique diagonal graphic design that can be combined for an Op-Art trivet or used separately as sleek coasters. Core Deco Ceramic Tile Coaster Set; set of four, $85.
- The NYC Manhole Cover Coasters Set includes four cast iron beverage coasters, each with a distinctive design representing the NYC Electric Company, NYC Bureau of Sewers, NYC Dept of Public Works and NYC Communications; $85. As these classics are often sold out, similar styles can be found at the NYC City Store.
- There are lots of knitted, flowery and lacey wine glass "slippers" — coasters which attach to and cover the bases wine glasses so you can freely mingle and keep a hand free for hors d'oeuvres — but these Burlap Wine Glass Coaters are the first "gender-neutral" slippers that caught my eye. Made of simple, rustic burlap, these beauties are available in circle or square shapes; set of four, $7.
Row 2, Left to Right:
- These Card Shark Coasters by Oryx and Crake Design are perfect for poker night. Each coaster, crafted in bamboo or industrial felt, is designed in a different suit: heart, club, spade, and diamond; set of four, $28. Though this seller is currently on an Etsy vacation, these beauties were too nice to exclude from the list. Check out their website for updates on a return.
- Many sellers offer coasters in simple, natural wool felt, but I am especially drawn to these thick Bavarian options in luxurious colors. Graf & Lantz Bierfilzl 6-Pack in mixed colorway, "noir;" $26.
- Match those concrete countertops with these industrial Hexagon Pattern Concrete Coasters by Port Living; set of four, $49.
Row 3, Left to Right:
- Brooklyn Slate Co. is a family operation through and through — from the slate quarries in New York and Vermont to the hand-finishing done in their Brooklyn studio. This set of four Slate Coasters absorb liquid naturally and add a rustic charm to your table; $24.95.
- Printed from antique wood type, these super thick Letterpress Numbers Coasters come in sets of ten (numbers 0 to 9), so you'll never forget which glass is yours; $20.
- Pia Wallen is a designer known for crafting luxurious felt accessories and I especially love these Felted Wool Coasters incised with her native land's cross insignia; set of four, $16.80.
(Images: As linked above.)