Coat closet organization is extremely easy to achieve if you remember to try and utilize every aspect of the closet. Too often closets aren't used to their full potential and clutter begins to build up. It's easy to keep that coat closet organized and clutter free by implementing a few tips and tricks…
Whether you're using storage boxes or installing a overhead shelf — any little addition will help get your closet organized. Taking advantage of vertical square footage is the best way to clean up your closet and you'd be surprised at just how much vertical space is available in your closet.
• Real Simple shows just how organized a coat closet can get! If you're blessed with a reasonably well sized closet fill up one of the side walls with baskets to hold hats, scarves and gloves. Plus, the folding laundry bin is a great addition to hold items!
• My Home Ideas suggests adding a shelf or shoe storage rack below what you hang up. That way you can fit more items in the closet without it looking too cluttered.
• Lofts Boston displayed a loft for sale that had an interesting coat and pantry closet. Lofts present unique problems in terms of storage since most are open floor plans. To maximize storage, combining the two closets into one is a genius idea.
• DIY Life shows us that the addition of shelves above what's hanging can provide ample storage. Take advantage of vertical space instead of leaving all of that room left untouched.
• Better Homes and Gardens show examples of placing hooks on the back of your coat closet door. It seems like a no brainer and it really does make a huge difference.
How do you keep your coat closet organized?
Image credit as linked above