Homes aren't just where we keep our stuff. We live in our homes and raise our children in them. Inevitably parenting and design intersect and homelife with children is a recurring theme in our posts throughout the year. Here are the parenting posts that generated the most interesting comments and discussion from readers in 2012.
• Embracing the Family Mess: Striking a Balance Between Chaos and Order
• Toy Buying Mistakes and Tips to Avoid Them
• Looking Back: How to Talk to Your Kids About Moving
• How Did You Prepare Your Toddler for a New Sibling?
• Elmo vs. Grover: My Ambiguous Disdain for Licensed Character Toys
• Compromising Your Style: Letting Kids Help Decorate for Holidays
• Embrace Your Child's Dreams
• Children Making Sand Homes
• Decorating Kids' Rooms: How Much Input Did Your Child Have?
• Avoiding the Avalanche of Baby "Must Haves"
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)