As the chill in the air begins to thicken at night and frost greets our car windows in the morn, we have to buckle up and start changing our habits. The cold's a coming; are you ready? Yesterday was the first time I put on my winter jacket this year. As I made the decision to be warm and not fight the cold with merely my light fall sweater, I realized seasons are a changing, and I need to get in the right mindset for it. I know that might seem a bit dramatic for some, but when you live in Seattle the change from a bright, sunny and warm summer into continual gray and wet weather for the next nine months is something I try to mentally put off for as long as I can. So as I begin thinking about all of the wintery type things I am looking forward to, I have made a list of some old and some new things I love that make that transition a bit easier to swallow.
1. Lazo Throw from ZGallerie. I recently got this, and it is soft, luscious, and cheery. Perfect for a cold night cuddle up on the couch.
2. We've all been hearing about the sexy and sleek Nest thermostat for the past year. This could be a good time to make the investment to save energy this year, and it not being too hard on the eyes isn't bad either.
3. Don't have a fireplace in your home? You can now have a mobile fireplace that burns bio-ethanol. The bigger and fancier ones come with a similar price tag to boot, but you can also opt for the small tabletop versions like the Irradia.
4. Having a small, fluffy bedside rug like Flokati by Ikea can help getting out of a warm bed to start the day a little bit cozier.
5. If your down blankets are gonna be coming out of their storage after being stashed away all summer they deserve a facelift and so does your bedroom. Treat yourself to a new duvet this season and invigorate your room. Here's a fun option from Dwell Studio.
Images: (as linked above)