I spotted the new Pratt Collection at a local West Elm store recently and was pleased to learn that the 5-piece collection is the result of collaboration between West Elm and a group of students from the Pratt Institute.
Pratt Home Office Collection is a study in affordable and sustainable design — the students were challenged to use FSC–certified materials and resulted in a desk, chair, filing system, and LED lamp made using a combination of FSC-certified eucalyptus, powder-coated steel, low-carbon-emission MDF and water-based natural stains.
With the exception of the table lamp, all Pratt Collection designs are available in a walnut/white combo or all white. Each piece has some unique features:
• Pratt Collection desk has a single sliding drawer - $299
• Pratt Collection chair are stackable - $149
• Pratt Collection file cabinet has a lift-off (or slide-off) powder-coated metal tray for easy access to the interior - $179
• Pratt Collection LED table lamp (walnut/white only) - $129
• Pratt wall accessories includes picture shelf, pencil holder, corkboard and rail - $99 (available 8/4)
At the time of this post, the furniture pieces (not the lamp) all had special pricing with a further reduction.
To read more about the collaboration, see West Elm | We Love Pratt!
Images: West Elm