As the summer ends and the city is filling up again, we're wondering whether people have brought a bit of their summer vacation into their homes. Do you use beach shells or other souvenirs to decorate? Do you think certain collections are more suitable for the country than the city?Shown in the images:
• mercury glass beautifully displayed in an old fireplace in House Tour: Laura's Traditional, "No Place Like Home"
• a cottage collection from "Treasure trove: 10 cottage style collectibles
" in Canadian Home & Country
• shells and rare objects in Anna & Dan's White House Laundry Loft
• vintage lamp collection, including one from the New York World's Fair in 1936 in House Tour: Scott's Detailed Restoration at The Ontario
• some of the many exotic collections in Caroline's In/Animate Collections