Regular Apartment Therapy readers know - the number one question asked in the comments on House Tour posts is What paint did you use? Choosing a wall color is one of those fun challenges that becomes far less daunting of a decision when you've seen how it looks in someone else's home - making everyone want to know all the details when a color really seems to be working well in a tour photo.
So, for those of you considering a bright, bold blue for your walls, we pulled a few examples from our archives that just might fit the bill:
• Kim & Scott's Happy "Yellow Brick Home" - Behr Distance
• Mark's Mid-Century Austin Abode - Benjamin Moore Surf Blue
• Artist John Guthrie's Heavenly Haven Benjamin Moore Splash
• Kirsten's Homework Assignment - Valspar Deep Turquoise
• Todd and J.R.'s Printer's Row Passages - Behr Porcelain Blue
All five of these come from House Tours that we published in 2010 - maybe turquoise really IS the color of the year...