Color is the essence of happy modern style. This palette of color blocked furniture and accessories fits the bill perfectly with hues like mango, dark turquoise, and chartreuse. Gender neutral, color blocking is a smart and versatile strategy that can make small spaces feel larger or create cozy areas in cavernous ones.
Whether your color tolerance is low or high, add a bit of happy modern by incorporating a color blocked element. It can be as small as a throw pillow or as large as a rug.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Hay & Scholten & Baijings' Color Carpet Rug #5 - 67" x 94" (5' 7" x 7' 10"), $1,600.00 from A + R
2. Ikea PS 2012 Coffee table - dark turquoise, $49.99 from Ikea
3. Parsons 20.5"w File Cabinet, $89.99 from Home Decorators Collection
4. Color Block Stripe Pillow in Kelly Green, Navy and Natural Linen - (12x16), $38.00 from Jillian Rene Decor
5. Interdesign Color Block Shower Curtain, Blue/Red, 72 Inches X 72 Inches, $19.19 from Interdesign
MORE HAPPY MODERN ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Examples of Color Blocking in Decor
• Cheer Up Your Home: 20 Happy Modern Lights for All Budgets
• Happy Modern Style Archive
(Images: As credited above.)