While color blocking has been a big trend in fashion for quite a while, it's just starting to take off in the world of decor. The idea is to use contrasting blocks of color, and the same rules tend to apply to both fashion and interiors: stick to just two or three bold colors, and colors in the same family tend to work best together.
1. A pink dining table is set off by red chairs. Via Design Indulgances
2. This bedroom uses warm tones in this subtler take with shades or red, pink and orange. Via Martha Stewart
3. Citrusy brights play well off of one another. Via BHG
4. A primary color scheme is tied together by accessories. Via Elle Spain
5. Rows of multicolored cupboards resemble a collection of Pantone swatches. Via Design Tea Party