As my taste in colors has changed over the years, I've found myself drawn to the combination of gray and pink. I like the way they can balance each other: the former's a little moody, and the latter's a little feminine or a lot girly.
Personally, I like the combination best when it includes the ends of the spectrum of softness and boldness and is very high or low contrast. Pink is a tricky color, and I'm just not a huge fan of its mid-range shades.
On the more muted end, the combination is soothing (Image 5). On the bolder end, the pink is fun and the combination can have an edge (Image 1). The duo also does well matched with strong colors such as black and white, bright yellow, or deep teal.
1. A hot pink coffee table complements a grey couch in a house tour from Design*Sponge.
2. A gray and pink combo in the bedroom, from Making it Lovely.
3. Gray and hot pink, spotted on Life through a Lens.
4. The combination is great for a baby's room too, like this one from Project Nursery.
5. Soft pink and soft grey, with a touch of teal, from Nordic Design.
(Image credits: Design*Sponge; Making it Lovely; Life through a Lens; Project Nursery; Nordic Design)