Teal is a cool color that mixes blue and green in nearly equal parts. Any color changes a lot depending on what you pair it with and how you light it, but teal is especially flexible since it can appear very green or very blue depending on how it's mixed and how it's used in a room. Teal's malleable tones often evoke the ocean, and it's a color that's used a lot in coastal interiors. We've rounded up a few photos of both true teals and other blue-green variations paired with shades of white...
• 1 A dining room from Living Etc pairs teal upholstery with natural textures.
• 2 A strong teal wall makes a statement in this photo from Crown Paint.
• 3 Teal vases play off a blue and ivory wall covering by Phillip Jeffries.
• 4 A soft blue-green is set against a chocolate and white wall by Romo.
• 5 This dining room from House to Home mixes various shades of teal.
• 6 This teal-ish blue carpet from the Rug Company is offset by a soft blue wall.
• 7 A hand-painted teal pattern from DeGournay is set against yellow.
• 8 This wallpaper from Nama Rococo would add a bold shot of teal to a room.
• 9 The wall in Beth's bedroom looks greener in the shade and bluer in the light.
• 10 These chairs featured on Warm Interiors are a soft, muted version of teal.
For more color combos, click here.