Blue and white is one of our favorite color combinations, but it can sometimes feel a little stuffy or conservative. An edgy accent color, like hot pink, can breathe new life into this classic combo.
- In this photo from Harlequin, turquoise (a complementary color) kicks up the intensity of the hot pink wallpaper. The white vase offers some "breathing space" between the vibrant blues and pinks.
- A white bedroom from Round Hill Resorts in Jamaica gets a boost from a navy blue throw pillows, while a hot pink blanket over the back of a chair adds a little bit of life to the scheme.
- A photo from Romo demonstrates that even the smallest burst of hot pink can have a big impact. Without the flowers, this color scheme would be beautiful, but a little boring. The single shot of contrasting color dials up the volume just enough.
- In a photo from Country Living, pink and white peonies are anchored by a deep blue vase. For a similar look, fill a classic blue and white Chinese vase with pink tulips, peonies, or orchids.
- This George Quilt from Zara Home is fairly traditional. A hot pink throw blanket makes it seem less conservative.
Photos: Harlequin, Round Hill Resorts, Romo, Country Living, Zara Home