I generally tend to go with a neutral palette in my home for a more calming effect (which is what I want from my space). But pink always seems to sneak in there. It's weird, because I never wear pink.
I love how, when paired with neutrals like blacks, whites, greys, and even browns, pink warms up the place and makes a stark room feel way more inviting. Sure, as I discovered when I was browsing for inspiration, these colors can go awry depending on the hue of the colors — a Google search for pink, white and black rooms turns up some pretty scary sights. But these rooms get it right.
What do you think? Ready to embrace pink in your home?
- Photographer Line Klein for Alt Interiør.
- Another photo by Line Klein, as seen on Design Traveller.
- Olive & June Nail Salon, Harper’s Bazaar
- Living Etc. Magazine (Nov 2013), as featured on SFGirlByBay
- Jeremy Harwell studio, shot by Jeremy Harwell for Decor8
(Images: as linked above)