Selecting a brightly hued sofa is in some ways akin to getting a tattoo. A serious commitment that some people would advise against but also a way to make a statement and express your tastes in a way that is a little less transient.
Colorful sofas deliver a serious punch of color and play off of whatever they are surrounded by. Put the spotlight on them in a clean white space, get playful with patterned wallpaper or play opposites with contrasting colors. However you choose to dress them up, they promise to stand out.
1. A tufted turquoise beauty via Young House Love
2. Who cares about white walls when you've got a blast of yellow to admire? From Jan's living room on Apartment Therapy.
3. This shade of blue would work well with both dark and light neutrals. Via HGTV
4. Atelier Chesterfield from Anthropologie, $6,000
5. Lilly Sofa by Katie Maennle, $2,450
(Images: as linked above)