It's been happening for a while now, the invasion of the warm metallics. This season it's become especially hard to ignore: brass, copper and bronze are taking over from chrome, stainless steel and nickel as the new metals.
Of these metals, bronze is particularly versatile. In its natural state it's warm and rosy; it takes on a yellowed hue when antiqued, and if finished with oil becomes dark and cool, almost black in color. So whatever you're looking for, there's a bronze out there to suit you and your home. Check out our roundup of easy ways to incorporate this hot color/finish into your home.
- This multi-shade pendant light from Lowe's has just enough oil-rubbed bronze.
- Philippe Starck's Flos K Tribe S2 Pendant light, available from Heal's, is a beautiful shade of natural bronze, sure to lift any room.
- For just a hint of antique bronze, this striped vase from Zara home hits the spot.
- For all-out glam dining, Anthropologie's Bronze Age Cutlery is a lovely shade of natural bronze and a modern design as well.
- Habitat's Terri bronze vase is an affordable way to add this metallic to your home.
- How's this for just a hint of the finish: The Container Store's Command Adhesive Oiled Bronze Hooks perfectly straddle the line between classic and contemporary, and would look great in a kitchen or bathroom.
- We might be just finishing with fan weather, but for Target's Hunter 12" Table Fan in classic oil-rubbed bronze, I think I could make an exception. Get it now for next summer?
- Finally, Crate & Barrell's Lucida Side Table is a bold statement for those who love the warm hue of antique bronze.
(Images: as linked above.)