It is hard to go wrong with black and white, and even harder to go wrong when paired with any shade of invigorating turquoise. Tiffany box blue, aqua, teal, robin's egg, and most of their variations, have the same crisp and classic appeal that's often attributed black and white, so it's only natural that the three should look stunning as a team...
• 1 Multiple patterns mix for a soothing effect in Gwyneth Paltrow's glamourous home.
• 2 We have seen this unexpected kitchen (featured in Domino) a million times, but it still makes us pause. We could imagine the small galley being rather bland without the daring black walls—and ceiling!— and fresh punch of turquoise on the door and tiled counters.
• 3&4 There is practically nothing that we don't find absolutely brilliant about Jonathan Adler's choices for Liz Lange's home.
• 5 However, we also like this romantic application of the color combo.
• 6 Everything about this room screams traditional except the rather wild use of color.
• 7 Ok, this picture is cheating, as there is no black to speak of. However, we know that our readers have good imaginations, and we could see these boldly beautiful robin's egg blue chairs looking equally stunning paired with a long glossy black dining table. Couldn't you?