Ever since I saw Jenna Lyons' living room on the cover of Living Etc.'s Sept. 2009 issue (photo 1), I've coveted a cushy yellow sofa. And recently, I spotted a similar look in Ali Cayne's living room (photo 2), featured on Domino.com. I used to think yellow in a big piece was a big no-no, but these rooms show that when paired with neutrals a yellow sofa can make a room.
From mustards to citrines to lemons and beyond, here is a roundup of yellow sofas in all shapes and sizes. Don't like what you see? Ask for upholstery options from any of these makers. Enjoy!
1. Brooklyn home of Jenna Lyons, from Living Etc
2. Ali Cayne's living room, as seeen in Domino Magazine
3. &Tradition Copenhagen
4. Madison Sofa, Thrive
5. Corrigan Linen Sofa, Anthropologie
6. Maxine Sofa, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams
7. Rochelle Sofa, Crate & Barrel
8. Nixon Sofa, Thrive
9. Citrine Chesterfield Sofa, Anthropologie
10. Clarke Sofa, Room & Board
(Image credits: Living Etc; Domino Magazine; &Tradition Copenhagen; Thrive Furniture; Anthropologie; Mitchell & Gold; Anthropologie; Thrive Furniture; Anthropologie; Room and Board)