Colorful mirrors are formal with a fun edgy twist. They look great in every room and can be an easy DIY weekend project, even for those of us who aren't exactly crafty.
• Drew's Vintage Bohemian View: Drew collected thrift store mirrors with ornate borders and painted them a deep orange. The mirrors stand out against a simple white wall, and the addition of mid-century chairs keep this look original.
• Patricia's Whimsical Cottage: Patricia breaks all the rules by placing her large baroque mirror on an already mirrored wall. The contrasting enthusiasm of the hot pink mirror and the macabre glass bowl of doll heads is brilliant!
• Emily & Erick's Modern Eclectic British Eccentric Bungalow: Emily and Erik purchased their mossy green mirror at Revival Furniture, 181 N Avenue. 21, LA. The mirror is stately between the two french doors and anchors a room full of clutter, making everyday objects - like scarves and shoes -seem charming.
• Chris & Saule's Clean Eclectic Family Home: Chris and Saule's up-cycled dining room mirror is statement piece and the turquoise really pops against the dark grey walls. The fanciful mirror echos the formality of the chandelier above the table, but the color makes sure the room doesn't feel too stuffy or old fashioned.
• Look!: Painted Mirror: The mirror, bought at the Alameda Flea Market, was originally gold, but after a few quick coats of yellow paint it went from blah to ahh! This delicate yellow accent creates a calm mood in the bedroom, perfect for relaxing.
Images: As linked above.