Colorful accessories are an easy and inexpensive way to update a kitchen or bathroom. While fixtures and tile are hard to change, accessories can be switched out in just a few minutes. To really make an impact using small details, try adding a few key pieces in coordinating colors.In the bathroom, try a wall cabinet, artwork, and a few sink accessories in a bright color like red, orange, or blue. For an effective kitchen update, try a painted pegboard, a colorful Dutch oven, or stacks of color-coordinated dishes.
• 1 Melissa and Matt's Design Lab
• 2 Christine's Bright & Cheerful Kitchen
• 3 Lisa and Clay's Artsy and Calm Collaboration
• 4 Jean Greenfield's Kitchen And Garden In San Anselmo
• 5 Amy's Vintage Modern Nest
Photos: Evan Thomas, Christine, Kathryn Hill, Tara Greenfield, Sarah Coffey