One could argue that this whole animal head thing is played out, but taxidermy has been around for a couple of centuries so why not enjoy a few creative interpretations of a trend that is most likely here to stay.
1. This is one of AJ Fosik's three dimensional wood head sculptures that now lives in Melinda and David's home. To read more about AJ, check out this interview on Fecal Face. His work can also be found at WhiteWalls in San Francisco.
2. Covered with vintage found needlework, Passe-Murailles is a series of life size trophy animal sculptures by Frédérique Morrel.
3. Jennifer Khoshbin uses graphic paper and resin to create her unique deer heads. Red Cardinal Birds by rubyslounge, Etsy, $375.
4. LA artist Elizabeth McGrath illustrates the "interaction between man-made status symbols and suffering specimens of nature" using wood, resin and cloth in pieces like Savoy.
5. Since most of these options cost a pretty penny, consider the Buck Jr. by Cardboard Safari. Get out your paint and Modge Podge to decorate your own budget friendly animal head for your hipster hunting lodge.