Much like our wardrobe, we're finding that our apartment is just so full of... neutrals. While black, gray brown and white are classic colors, they just don't do much for the style of an outfit or a room. Stacy and Clinton can tell you to add a few colorful accessories to your daily dressing routine, but did you know you can follow the same advice in your home office?
Home offices (and other media rooms), with all their blah-colored devices, can fall easily into the decorating neutral zone.
But a single colorful element can really jack that room up. Our favorite place to start? The desk chair. These Flickr Finds got it right:
- Flickr member open to possibilities posted this shot of their latest desk set up to our Unplggd Flickr pool. We love how the chartreuse chair brightens up the mostly black workspace.
- This shot from Flickr member Stewf shows the desk at the Obi Bowman House, where modern green chairs contrast the room's natural zen feel.
- A bright red chair is the first step towards giving Flickr member bastilian's beige home office some personality.
- This black and white home office from Flickr member Neven Mrgan gets pops of red—both in the chair and in the round mousepad, both from Ikea.
- You can take this advice to the office, too. Replace the standard-issue black chair in your cubicle with a colorful version, like Flickr member Soon. did in this find.
(All images licensed for use under Creative Commons)