Closets are one of those overlooked places where color can enliven things a little. If you're looking for ways to bring something new into your day-to-day routine, here are five inspiring closets, each of which uses color in a slightly different way.
- Benjamin Moore's "Blue Lagoon" is the dominant color in Mike's studio apartment, where closet space is limited. The blue walls act as a backdrop for Mike's open clothes rack, which he keeps organized with a neutral wardrobe.
- Dressing rooms can be a good resource for creative closet ideas. This one, from a Hugo Boss concept store, pairs busy wallpaper with a simple modern chair in a solid color.
- Most people don't think twice about their closet doors, but they can be an interesting place to introduce contrasting color into a bedroom or hallway. Designer Kristine Mullaney created these glam closet doors with black-and-white paint and silver hardware.
- If you're looking for a quick and easy way to play with color, consider painting the inside of your closet. Since it's closed most of the time, you don't have to worry so much about finding the perfect color — experiment and have fun with the project.
- Arthur's bedroom is painted in a rich chocolate brown that's complemented by long white drapes covering a color-coordinated closet. It's a tailored, masculine look that's perfect for neatniks.