Those in need of a crafty project to tackle this weekend that will also help them be a little more stylishly organized might enjoy this easy-to-do reader-submitted honeycomb pin board project, which features a simple shape repeated in cute colors that you can hang on your wall and add a little pattern, too.
What you need
White foam board (3 mm and 5 mm thick)
- Double sided adhesive tape
- Ruler, pencil, scalpel or cutter
- Colored self adhesive foil or contact paper
Project cost: About $20 Total time: 3 hours
1. Draft a hexagon with the compass on the 3 mm thick foam board then cut.
2. Use it as a stencil to make 24 more pieces.
3. Cover them one by one with the colored foils.
4. Stick double sided adhesive tape to the 5 mm thick foam piece and attach the hexagons as you like (you can even have gaps in the middle).
5. Finally, cut around the board to create a composition of hexagons that are actually one whole (easier to hang) piece.
To avoid holes in the pin board, place pins in the corners or between the edges of the hexagons. Individual hexagons can be used as glass or mouse mats
Thanks to Judit for this project!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.