The entryway is one of our favorite places to see color in a home. It's usually a small space, so a bright color can make a big impact when you step in the door. For ten examples, click through...
Paint is one of the cheapest and easiest ways to add color to your entryway, but you can also use artwork, wallpaper, or colorful furniture. If you have the room, a large-scale painting is one of the best ways to create a bold first note as you walk in the door.
• 1 Blue Paneled Entryway from Living Etc.
• 2 Entryway with Orange Painting from Living Etc.
• 3 House Tour: Amy's Vintage Modern Nest
• 4 Green Geometric Entryway from Homes & Gardens
• 5 From Blah to Brilliant: A Colorful Entryway
• 6 Small Cool Contest 2009: Theresa's Eclectic Donations
• 7 Entryway by Amanda Kyser from House Beautiful
• 8 Entryway by Jeffrey Bilhuber from House Beautiful
• 9 Kevin & Dop's Playful Uptown Loft
• 10 Painted Stairs from architect Roy McMakin's portfolio
MORE ENTRYWAY INSPIRATION
• Color Tip: Paint the Entryway
• How To: Make a Colorful and Organized Entryway
• 10 Different Ways to Organize an Entryway
• Inspiration: Entryways, Foyers, and Landing Strips
• Five Dramatic Entryways
Photos: Living Etc., Living Etc., Sarah Coffey, Homes & Gardens, skarpetka86 under Creative Commons License, Theresa, Ngoc Minh Ngo / House Beautiful, Julian Wass / House Beautiful, Evan Thomas, Domestic Architecture