It's a bigger commitment than a colorful lamp or bed linens, but a bright headboard can look gorgeous and unique. Rather than blending into the wall or getting buried under bed linens, each of these headboards is a statement piece that shows the owner's personality while working as an eye-catching centerpiece of the room.
While a new bed can be a big investment, these headboards are also great DIY inspiration for vintage finds that could be transformed with a splash of bright paint or a bit of bold fabric.
1. A dramatic hot pink and white carved bed is all the decoration this bedroom needs. Via Living Etc.
2. A jaw-dropping Moroccan headboard made of teal fabric and mirrors. Via Elle Decor.
3. A sunshine-bright upholstered bed looks opulent matched with a purple blanket. Via LivingEtc.
4. A vintage wood bed gets a modern orange update in Alisha's DIY project.
5. Bright blue fabric is unexpected on a sleek platform bed. Via Elle Decor.
6. An pink, custom made bed is the lovely focal point of an eclectic bedroom. Via Lonny Mag 7. Green-striped fabric is a traditional touch in a serene space. House Beautiful
8. A beautiful headboard upholstered in Mexican Otomi fabric. Via Design Sponge.
9. A yellow-and-white striped bed adds a pop of color to a white room. Via House Beautiful.
10. A hot pink, upholstered looks preppy and modern with a green blanket and white walls. Via Desire to Inspire.
Images: 1. LivingEtc 2. Simon Upton for Elle Decor 3. LivingEtc 4. Alisha Peterson-Irwin 5. Matthew Milman for Elle Decor 6. Lonny Mag 7. Mikkel Vang for House Beautiful 8. Design Sponge 9. Ngoc Minh Ngo for House Beautiful 10. Desire to Inspire