When decorating for the holidays, some like to go above and beyond, covering everything in sight with red, green or blue. Still others prefer going for a more subdued vibe. Adding holiday color through simple items is an excellent option for those who choose the low key route.Replace your neutral placemats on the kitchen table with red or blue ones. It's a small change that will add some major impact and leave you and your family feeling the holiday cheer. The same goes for rugs! Switch out the rug in the living room with a cozy red and white one. The holiday season makes the red and white feel festive, but you could always leave it well into the summer and it will then just be a pop of color.
• Blue Holiday Tree Print, $18.00 at Etsy
• Felt Garland, $19.00 at West Elm
• Canape Plates, $4.00 at West Elm
• Bromley Rug, $39.95 at Crate and Barrel
• Picacho Blue Placemat, $4.95 at Crate and Barrel
Images: As credited above.