There are plenty of ways—from pillows to art—to add a pop of color to neutral-toned rooms. Lately, one alternative we've seen and loved is the use of bold, colorful light fixtures.
We think they look fresh and cheerful against muted walls. They're also a great solution for renters who can't paint, since you can take them when you move (just remember to keep what you replaced and rehang it before you go).
1. A chocolate-colored work light shines on a magazine-filled cart.
2. A multicolored glass chandelier looks dramatic against a window-lined wall.
3. This whimsical, fabric-colored light is pretty and unexpected paired with Cole and Sons' iconic wallpaper.
4. A red light hung by a bright tangle of wires looks modern and artistic.
5. Pretty swirls decorate a vibrant orange pendant light.
6. A cheery lavender lantern brightens a whitewashed corner.