These spring and early summer months always make me want to bring lots of bold color into my house, but by the time autumn and winter roll around again, I'm back in the mood for a more muted palette. Temporary decorations, like colorful paper goods, are an excellent solution. Check out some current favorite paper décor ideas after the jump.
• 2 Jonathan Adler's paper lanterns are so much fun. I'd love to mix and match these prints. $7.95 each.
• 3 If you're looking to add a bit of lighthearted glamour, these banners by Confetti System for Urban Outfitters are an adorable choice. $14.99.
• 4 To inspire the travel bug: garland made from recycled maps is available from Saratops on Etsy for $8.
• 5 Colorful paper poms would be sweet in a child's room or clustered together in a big sphere. $35 for 10 from Orangekisses on Etsy.
• 6 Prints and posters count as paper, right? This gorgeously vibrant octopus print by Jill Bliss from Blissen is the perfect dose of saturated color. $20.
• 7 If the expense of fresh flowers is prohibitive, why not make your own paper flowers instead? You can make the lovely blue blossoms in the photo with a kit from Paperplatypus for $24.
• 8 This custom-made papel picado banner is intended for weddings, but you can customize with any word, phrase, or name and use it as a semi-permanent monogrammed decoration. $63 for a 3-pack from Aymujer on Etsy.
(Images: As linked above)