Looking for some ideas on what to incorporate into your home to punch up the personality? The new Ocho Lounge at the Hotel Havana in San Antonio is chock full of summery, colorful, casual inspiration.
This isn't the first time we've raved about hotelier Liz Lambert's style; she's also responsible for the inspiring looks of Austin's Hotel San Jose and Hotel St. Cecilia. Liz just nails that funky, colorful, laid back and cool style that has become associated with modern Texas. Her Hotel Havana has brought us inspiration before, but the new Ocho Lounge is having us dreaming of adding some of her ideas into our own interior and outdoor spaces to infuse them with a little Texas cool.
Inspired by an old sign she found, Ocho has Liz's signature eclectic, uncluttered, sophisticated and fun feel to it. The fact that it's housed in a glass and personality-filled space overlooking San Antonio's Riverwalk certainly doesn't hurt, but she's incorporated lots of details that give the space a unique feel and make you want to steal ideas. Here are some of our favorite elements:
1) A variety of jewel-toned blues From a bright teal blue to a dark cerulean blue to a deep blue-green like the ocean, the blues in Ocho dance around the space, brightening it up and adding drama where needed.
2) Carved wood details Wood becomes an opportunity for pattern in this space.
3) Bright, citrus-colored accents From upholstery to actual citrus fruit, these accent colors infuse the space with fun.
4) Native plants Cacti and succulents add life and texture to the space.
5) Exciting books and patterns Setting the right atmosphere takes more than just color, and Liz understands that bringing in some exotic accessories is just the thing.
Images: Allison V. Smith, used with permission