Whether you just spend time browsing the internet or do all of our paper work at your desk — you want to make sure everything is illuminated so it's not so hard on the eyes, so the importance of a good task light can not be overstated. What is often forgotten is a task light can also be an opportunity to not only bring some light into your home office, but a splash of vibrant color!
Aside from how useful and beneficial lighting is, it's also an accessory. Our favorite accessories are those of the colorful variety and that includes lighting. Task lights are notoriously plain and silver — so we're really happy when we find colorful lights. With the growing popularity, you can actually find them pretty much anymore, even big box stores.
Task lights are so popular because they don't take up much real estate on the desk. Task lights work well with desks of all sizes and some even clip onto the side — not taking up any room at all. The extender arm is particularly useful because you can move it around to illuminate any area of the desk you're working on.
• Carpenter Lamp, $79.95 at CB2
• Leaf Light, $429.00 at Design Within Reach
• Vintage Green Reworked Metal Desk Lamp, $52.00 at Etsy
• Industrial Task Table Lamp, $59.00-$79.00 at West Elm
• Recycled Mid-Century Mint Lamp, $55.00 at Etsy
More Task Lighting on Unplggd
• Flat Light Poster For Limited-Space Task Lighting
• Clip-On Clamp Lamps Save Desktop Space
• Best Task Lights Under $50