Many people are afraid to experiment with colorful tile, since you have to live with it a lot longer than a paint job. But ceramic or glass tile generally appears deeper, richer, and more saturated than a painted surface. If you're embarking on a renovation, consider using a colored tile that you really love. Most likely, it will be the stand-out element in your kitchen or bathroom.
To inspire you, we've rounded up a selection of photos from real homes—no catalog images here! For a deeper look inside each space, click through the links below.
• 1 Cathy's Contemporary Reflection of Nature
• 2 Jason and John's Hyper Saturated Home
• 3 Family Friendly Austin ModHouse
• 4 Family Friendly Austin ModHouse
• 5 Misty's Bright and Colorful Cottage
• 6 Archana's Eastern Sun
• 7 Plug-In House by Pierluigi Molteni
• 8 Lorena and Esteban's Modern Yet Folsky Abode
• 9 Catherine and Robin's Earthy Modern Airie
• 10 Chris and Heather's Happy, Hippy Haven
Photos: Cathy / Apartment Therapy Color Contest 2009 (1), Jill Slater (2), Misty Adair (3, 4), Adrienne Breaux (5), Archana (6), Sarah Coffey (7), Lorena Siminovich (8), Leah (9), Kyle Freeman (10)